View All Favorites
All SeaWorld Stars
The southern-most continent on Earth, Antarctica is a land of extremes.
Here are exciting Antarctica frozen facts to chill you to the bone:
• 98% is covered in ice.
• The thickest area of ice is nearly 15,600 ft thick (4,755 m).
• It's the coldest, driest, and windiest continent on Earth.
• Some parts haven't received a drop of rain or a snowflake in more than 2 million years.
• It's about 4.5 million square miles (14 million sq km).
• The temperature has reached -129 °F ( -89 °C).
• About 90% of the planet's ice is found here.
• About 70% of the earth's freshwater supply is located as ice here.