December 6, 2013 & April 11, 2014
Engage your students with the experience of physics in action! Our "science of thrills" experts will motivate your students by bringing physics to life in the exciting surroundings of our world-class theme park. Join Dr. David Wright, Professor of Physics at Tidewater Community College in Virginia, during the high-energy, Physics in Motion show, offered exclusively to Physics Day students.
Physics students will get one hour of exclusive park ride time, interactive physics stations located around the park, plus a live physics interactive show. Teachers will receive a free copy of a physics guide packed full of in-class instructions with advance registration.
Busch Gardens® Tampa will open one hour early at 9:00 a.m. on December 6, 2013 and at 8:30 a.m. on April 11, 2014 exclusively for Physics Day students. Students will have the unique opportunity to experience our world class roller coasters and make some of their physics calculations without having to wait in line.
Enhance your students' educational experience by visiting our Animal Biomechanics Interactive Stations. Measure bite force, take a closer look at 'super' abilities and estimate the speed of a variety of animals. Plan approximately 20 minutes for each station.
Animal Biomechanic Interactive Stations:
- Station 1: This Bites - Students will learn the physics behind the bite force of some of the world’s strongest carnivores.
- Station 2: I Feel the Need for Speed - Students will learn how to clock an animal’s speed by measuring it‘s body and stride lengths.
- Station 3: The Physics of Superman - Students will take a closer look at the biomechanics of animal movement and discover what it would take for humans to have the same physical abilities, particularly the ability of flight.
- Station 4: The Power of Oobleck - Students gain hands-in knowledge of this mysterious non-newtonian fluid to learn about its unique properties that seem to defy Newton’s Laws.
- Station 5: That's How We Roll - Explore conservation of energy and magnetic braking through hands-on challenges at this SheiKra® station.
Continue your Physics Day into night and experience even more physics after dark with our unique physics sleepover the nights of December 5 & 6, 2013 and April 10 & 11, 2014. Get all the perks of Physics Day, plus exclusive behind-the-scenes interactions and overnight accommodations at the park.