Falcon’s Fury® is the tallest freestanding drop tower in North America, standing at 335 feet.
At the ride’s highest point, like its bird of prey namesake, riders pivot 90 degrees in midair to a face-down dive position. An instant later they'll plunge 60 mph straight down. Riders must be between 54” and 77” to ride Falcon’s Fury.
Facts & Stats
335 feet tall. 90 degree mid-air turn. 68-ton counterweight. More than 6,000 bolts.
How much do you really know about North America’s tallest freestanding drop tower – Falcon’s Fury™? Take a deeper behind-the-scenes dive in to how Falcon’s Fury works, including facts, statistics and more:
- 105 h-piles for the foundation driven between 75’-205’ into the ground
- These h-piles were fused together with a 5’ thick concrete pile cap that took 45 truckloads of concrete. A 50’x50’ hole 25’ deep was dug to install the pile cap
- Parts have been shipped from Spain, Slovakia, Switzerland and Germany
- A 383-foot tall crane was used to assemble the final segments of the tower
- Construction started in June
- The base tube is 95 tons
- 105 ton second tube segment (single heaviest piece)
- 77-ton machine house
- 68-ton counterweight
- Four DC motors in the machine house (at the top)
- 32 seats separated into rows of 4 (8 rows)
- Variable hold time at the top of the ride before drop (so you never know how long you’ll hang there)
- Five to six second freefall time (according to the ride manufacturer)
- Eddy Current Braking system (magnetic brakes)
- Over 6,000 bolts to tie all of the tube segments together
- Eight tube segments and one machine house
- The side “wings” at each end of the seat carriage are made out of carbon fiber to help keep weight down
Pantopia™, Busch Gardens® Tampa’s fully-remodeled land featuring thrilling rides and attractions, sensational new culinary options, exciting entertainment, shopping, an indoor theater and more. Located in the heart of Busch Gardens and beckoning guests from across the globe, the centerpiece of Pantopia™ is Falcon’s Fury™, North America’s tallest freestanding drop tower.
Painted Camel Bazaar
This marketplace houses a collection of colorful awnings and found objects, including apparel, souvenirs, jewelry, toys and plush items, not to mention the best in Falcon’s Fury™ merchandise. Explore the treasures of Painted Camel Bazaar.
Lynx Frozen Treats
Try our delicious snow cones, smoothies and other sweet and salty treats for any hot, thirsty traveler who happens by.
Twisted Tails Pretzels
Stop in Twisted Tails Pretzels for fresh-rolled pretzels and breads, featuring pretzel sandwiches, pizzas, pretzel dogs and an expanded assortment of craft beers, as well as other beverages and snacks.
Drop by Kettle Corn
and enjoy a phenomenal display station where kettle corn and other flavored popcorns are popped fresh daily. Pick up guest favorites like turkey legs, potato twisters or chicken strips, or quench your thirst with plenty of refreshing beverages.
Ride RequirementsRide Access:
For those guests who are not able to wait in line, a Virtual Queue system is utilized and guests will be given a return time to ride (see team member at the ride entrance). At the provided time, the guest will proceed to the queue entrance to board the ride. Please see a team member for assistance and loading instructions.
Riders must be between 54” and 77” to ride Falcon’s Fury®.
For your safety, you should ride only if you are in good health. Guests who know or suspect that may be pregnant, have high blood pressure, heart conditions, neck or back problems, recent surgery, sensitivity to strobe effects, prone to motion sickness, have a heightened sensitivity to dark enclosed places or any other impairment or medical condition that may be affected by the features of this ride or prevent the normal seating or use of the safety restraints as provided, shall not ride.
Guests must have the ability to sit upright and maintain proper riding position throughout the ride. Guests must have appropriate weight distribution to allow the restraint device to function properly. Guests must have control of upper torso including head and neck.
Guests must have the ability to hold on with one functioning arm. Leg amputations must be below the knee.
Guests with full leg plaster casts, cervical collars, neck braces, and broken collar bones shall not ride.
Please review all restrictions listed on the sign at the attraction entrance.
» Download the guide