All shows, exhibits, aquariums and rides are included with park admission. Food, dining experiences, merchandise, Behind-the-Scenes guided tours and animal interactions are optional and an additional cost. Advanced reservations can be made by Booking Online.
US Bank ATMs are located throughout the park. MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover and JCB are accepted at all ticket booths, restaurants and gift shops with proper identification. Sorry, personal checks not accepted.
Click here for a list of current and upcoming attraction closures at SeaWorld San Diego.
- May: 24th-26th & 31st at 9:50 PM
- June: 1st, 7th, 8th, 14th-30th at 9:50 PM
- July: 1st-3rd & 5th-31st at 9:50 PM 4th at 9:30 PM
- August: 1st-10th, 16th, 23rd, 30-31st at 9:50 PM, 11th-15th, 17th, 22nd, 24th and 29th at 8:50 PM
- September: 1st at 8:50 PM
Restaurants and concession stands are conveniently located throughout the park. Hard and soft coolers, glass containers, food such as sandwiches, meals, snacks etc., and flavored drinks may not be taken into the park. Water bottles may be taken into the park. For your convenience, picnic areas are available outside the park adjacent to the entrance/exit plaza. If leaving the park to enjoy your food, please have your hand stamped for re-admittance. Guests with medical diets or baby formula should speak with a park representative for assistance before entering the park.
The 2014 Fun Card is valid through Dec. 31, 2014 (Not valid for admission on May 25; July 4, 5 & 19; August 2, 9, & 31)
Guest Services is located just inside the park to the right of the Main Entrance. Team members can assist you with the following:
- Visitor information (hotels, campsites, points of interest)
- Guides for guests with disabilities
- Show information for the hearing impaired
- Travel assistance
- Lost and found
- Lost children's center
- General park information and assistance
SeaWorld remains open during inclement weather, although some of the parks outdoor shows, rides and attractions may be temporarily affected. Refunds and rain checks will not be issued due to inclement weather.
SeaWorld provides a pet facility for $10 per day. It operates on a first-come, first-serve basis. We do not take reservations for this facility. Kennels are approximately 4ft by 8ft and are outside under some coverage. SeaWorld is not responsible for your pet. You must bring your own bowls and food. You may use the water available onsite and visit your pet throughout the day.
All Day Lockers are located adjacent to the Reservation Center. Stop by the Rental Center to check availability.
Single use lockers also available at:
- $1.25 Inside Sesame Street Bay of Play
- $1.25 Entrance to Journey To Atlantis
- $1.25 Entrance to Shipwreck Rapids
- $1.50 Located by Exit turnstiles in the Main Gate Plaza
Contact the Security Desk inside Guest Services to report lost children and lost and found items. SeaWorld is not responsible for lost, missing or stolen personal property.
Reprints will be issued at the Ticket Services windows just outside of the Entrance turnstiles. Adults must present valid government-issued photo identification in order to receive their reprinted passports. A $5 replacement fee will be assessed for lost or stolen passports.
The Metropolitan Transit System offers daily bus service to SeaWorld from the Old Town Transit Center, via routes 8 & 9. The distance is approximately four miles with travel time of about fifteen minutes. Old Town Transit Center offers connections to Amtrak, Coaster and other bus service. For more information visit www.sdcommute.com
Opening and closing times:
These vary by season with hours being extended during holiday periods and summer evenings (May through Labor Day). Vist our park hours page for more information on specific dates.
- $15 for cars
- $20 for RVs and campers
- $11 for Motorcycles
- $20 for Up-Close Parking (when available)
Please refer to the "Ride Requirements" tab on the ride's designated webpage (links below) for ride specific restrictions and information.
Manta for Manta ride requirements please click here
Oscar's Rocking Eel
Abby's Sea Star Spin
Elmo's Flying Fish
SeaWorld San Diego has increased security procedures, which may result in slight delays while entering the park. As a part of this process:
- All bags, backpacks, and packages are subject to inspection prior to entering the park.
- As a reminder, the following items are not permitted to be brought into SeaWorld for the safety of our animals and our guests: weapons, knives, any other type of sharp objects, straws, large hard or soft coolers, and any hazardous items or materials.
- Please leave any unnecessary articles secured within your vehicle to expedite your entry into the park.
- SeaWorld is not responsible for fire, theft, damage or loss of vehicle including articles left within.
For the convenience of guests who wish to smoke, SeaWorld provides Designated Smoking Areas. Please refer to the park map for directions to these areas.
Except when participating in an event intended for young guests such as our SeaWorld Camps, sleepovers, birthday parties and educational programs, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment suggests that visitors 13 and younger be accompanied by an adult.
Guests must be 18 years or older to rent strollers and/or wheelchairs.
- Single Stroller - $12.00
- Double Stroller - $17.00
- Manual Wheelchair - $12.00
- Electric Convenience Vehicle - $54.00
Wheelchair access is provided at all shows and attractions. For safety reasons all strollers must be parked outside of most exhibits and attractions. SeaWorld is not responsible for strollers or their contents left unattended in the park.
Will Call: Located at the Ticket Services Windows.
Turnstile-Ready Tickets: Single-Day (excluding Group), Multi-Day and Vacation Package tickets that are bought online are all "Turnstile Ready" eTickets that may be taken directly to the park entrance turnstiles for admission. There is no need to wait in a Ticket Services line.