Welcome to the Busch Gardens’ media room. This section of our website is designed for working journalists. The park’s communications team is eager to work with members of the media. We hope you find this section of our website useful.
Busch Gardens® is an action-packed, European-themed adventure park with 17th-century charm and 21st-century technology, boasting more than 100 acres of fun-filled exploration.
Busch Gardens' notable features:
- Home of Verbolten®, a new indoor/outdoor, multi-launch roller coaster
- Features a new drop tower thrill ride, Mäch Tower®, which is the park’s tallest ride at nearly 240 feet
- Home to top-rated roller coasters including Griffon®, one of the world’s tallest and first floorless dive coasters
- Offers more than 50 rides and attractions
- Voted the “World’s Most Beautiful Park” every year since 1990
- Live stage shows
- Wide variety of culinary experiences and world-class shopping
- Sesame Street® Forest of Fun™ children's play area featuring Elmo and his Sesame Street® friends
New for 2013
Each year, Busch Gardens® pushes the entertainment envelope to develop new and exciting thrills, award-winning shows and delicious culinary delights. This year is no exception as Busch Gardens offers guests a great line-up of new experiences and exciting events for 2013.
In 2013, Busch Gardens will introduce its first ever food festival. During this immersive event you’ll find special and unique foods and beverages. Enjoy the authentic tastes of Europe paired with family-friendly activities and entertainment that will make this event as fun as it is delicious.
Busch Gardens has also packed the entire year full of excitement with a spectacular line up of special events including the return of IllumiNights: A Busch Gardens® Encore, Howl-O-Scream® and Christmas Town™: A Busch Gardens® Celebration, the holiday spectacular that transforms the European-themed park into a winter wonderland. Stroll beneath the glow of six million twinkling lights and feel the nostalgia of an Americana Christmas when you visit our newest area, Holiday Hills™.
Also, enjoy world-class thrills aboard Verbolten®, Busch Gardens’ newest attraction located in Oktoberfest. This multi-launch, indoor/outdoor roller coaster sends guests on a fun and mystifying family adventure through the Black Forest.
Experience the Fun
We are happy to entertain members of the media as our guest with one of the three following options:
- Two complimentary tickets to Busch Gardens® in Williamsburg during the park’s regular operating season.
- Two complimentary tickets to Water Country USA® during the park’s regular operating season.
- Two half-price tickets to Christmas Town™: A Busch Gardens® Celebration.
To be considered for complimentary passes, please email your request to us at BGWPR@buschgardens.com. Please include the following information: name, job title, outlet, e-mail address, outlet phone number, preferred dates of visitation, number of requested tickets (up to two tickets) and story requirements. Please allow a minimum of three business days (five if occurring around a peak summer holiday) to review and complete authorization.
Busch Gardens® and Water Country USA® support non-profit organizations dedicated to advancing educational and environmental initiatives as well as programs that make a positive impact in the lives of children. We provide assistance to select charitable organizations that meet these criteria through donations as well as through in-park events. Because of the large number of requests the park receives, only requests made through this link will be considered. Please refrain from submitting requests through the public relations email address below.
See you in the park,
Busch Gardens Communications Team
One Busch Gardens Blvd.
Williamsburg, Va. 23185-8785
Phone: (757) 253-3369
Fax: (757) 253-3399