Busch Gardens Scan and Win Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Busch Gardens Scan and Win Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees, officers, and representatives of Sponsor, Micros Systems, Inc. and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers involved in this promotion and the immediate family members (mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, daughter, son, step-father, step-mother, step-daughter, step-son, step‑brother, step-sister, half-brother, half-sister) and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment LLC, 1 Busch Gardens Blvd., Williamsburg, VA 23185. (“Sponsor”).
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on July 1, 2012 and ends on July 31, 2012 (the "Promotion Period").
4. How to Enter:
There are two ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
- During the Promotion Period, scan your Annual Pass or Fun Card at any participating vendor location when you make a food or beverage purchase at any of the following theme parks: Busch Gardens Williamsburg. You will automatically receive one entry in the Sweepstakes for each scan.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter without purchase, during the Promotion Period, print your name, address, zip code, e-mail address, phone number and age on a 3” x 5” card and mail it to: Busch Gardens Scan & Win Enter to Win, 1 Busch Gardens Blvd., Williamsburg, VA 23185, Attn: Marketing. Each entry must be mailed in a separate envelope. Mail-in entries must be handwritten and no mechanically reproduced or photocopied entries are permitted. Mail-in entries must be postmarked on or before the last day of the Promotion Period and must be received by Sponsor on or before Aug 7, 2012.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account holder of the Annual Pass or Fun Card used to enter (or, in the case of mail-in entries, the individual whose name is listed on the mail-in entry form) will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the individual, 18 years or older, whose name is listed in Sponsor’s records as being associated with the Annual Pass Member or Fun Card which was swiped during an in-park purchase transaction. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. All potential winning plays are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final AND BINDING. An entrant is not a winner of any prize, unless and until entrant’s eligibility and the potential Winning ENTRY has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. any ENTRY that occurs after the system has failed for any reason is deemed a defective ENTRY, is void, and will not be honored.
6. Selection and Verification of Potential Winners: All selected potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and all winnings are contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. On or about August 10, 2012, Sponsor will select the potential winners via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Potential winners will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (where lawful) prior to receiving prize. Sponsor reserves the right to require potential winners to claim prizes in-person. If any prize is not claimed within ten (10) days following winner notification or is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. If any potential winner cannot be contacted within the required time period or fails to provide prize claim information within ten (10) days after it is requested, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that a potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason or is deemed to have forfeited the prize, the prize will again be made available to the eligible pool of entries and another winner will be selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
7. Prizes and Odds:
Four (4) prizes will be awarded, each consisting of one (1) $250.00 Busch Gardens gift card. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $250.00
TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $1,000.00
Terms and conditions of gift cards apply. Gift cards are valid for one (1) year from date of issuance. Odds of winning a Sweepstakes prize depend on the number of entries received. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown, and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or receipt or use of any prize, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Micros Systems, Inc., and any promotional partners, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim, or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, or network hardware, or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, or receipt, or use of any prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in the State of Florida, County of Orange; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida.
14. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than August 17, 2012. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: "Busch Gardens Scan and Win Sweepstakes” to email@example.com, Winner List Request," to Busch Gardens Scan & Win Winner’s List, 1 Busch Gardens Blvd., Williamsburg, VA 23185, Attn: Marketing.