We’re proud to say that Busch Gardens is often recognized as one of the highest quality theme parks in the world. We’ve received dozens of awards over our 39-year history for our theming, attraction and show quality, landscaping and culinary operations. A list of recent awards includes:
- World’s Most Beautiful Theme Park – Awarded by the National Amusement Park Historical Association (NAPHA), Busch Gardens has received this honor every year since 1990. NAPHA Historian Jim Futrell says, “Members have long praised Busch Gardens Williamsburg for its amazing setting with its world class thrill rides and attractions surrounded by detailed European theming all nestled into a lush, rolling, forested landscape. As demonstrated by the survey results, it’s an atmosphere that is hard to duplicate anywhere else.”
- Golden Ticket Award – We’re proud to be one of the most honored theme parks in the annual Golden Ticket Awards presented by Amusement Today, including the “Best Landscaping” award which we’ve received every year since the category was formed in 1998. Over the years, we’ve also received Golden Ticket Awards for the “Cleanest Park”, “Best Shows”, “Best Food” and “Beautiful Park” categories.
- Best Food Destination – Awarded by Behind the Thrills, this “Best of” award was presented to us in 2012 after an online vote that was open to the public at behindthethrills.com.
- About.com Readers’ Choice Award – In 2011, our new pretzel sandwich won over the online voters at About.com, who titled the sandwich the “Best New Theme Park Food.” You can grab the award-winning sandwich at Beste Brezeln und Bier (Best Pretzels and Beer), which is right next to Mäch Tower®.
- Applause Award – Awarded in 2002, this international award is given out by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions. The prestigious Applause Award honors a park whose management, operations and creative accomplishments have inspired the industry with foresight, originality and sound business development.
- Busch Gardens also features some of the industry’s top thrill rides with three steel roller coasters, Apollo’s Chariot®, Alpengeist® and Griffon®, ranked in the top 50 in Amusement Today’s annual survey.