SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration
10/16/2012 6:15:00 PM
For more information, contact:
SEAWORLD’S CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION®…WHERE THE SEASON MEETS THE SEA
ORLANDO, Fla. (October 16, 2012) – Waves of holiday spirit splash over the park during SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration®. Carols fill the air, a sparkling sea of trees light up the water and skaters dance on ice. Here in a wintery, watery wonderland, guests can journey to the North Pole on THE POLAR EXPRESS Experience, share a smile with a sea lion, and enjoy stunning live shows inspired by the natural world. With everything from elves to Elmo, and from Santa to Shamu®, SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration® is where the season meets the sea. Events take place on select dates November 17 through December 31, 2012.
The best way to experience SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration® this season is by making your trip to Orlando a holiday getaway to remember. Just visit www.SeaWorldGetAways.com and choose from a variety of incredible getaway values, including Kids Free, Eat Free All Day, or Buy Two Nights and Get One Night Free. “Like” us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for the latest details about SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration®.
Returning Seasonal Favorites Include:
Families and friends can once again enjoy the spirit of Christmas during SeaWorld’s holiday-themed shows and festivities:
- O Wondrous Night tells the greatest story never told, with more than 30 carols, based upon the Christmas Story and told through the eyes of a variety of live animals. Everyone will be entertained by this touching, light-hearted and glorious celebration featuring a host of angels, animals and the true glory of Christmas. And new this year, guests will have the opportunity to take photos with some of the stars from the show!
- Winter Wonderland on Ice is an ice skating extravaganza where Christmas comes to life through towering water fountains, magnificent fireworks and some of the most talented ice skaters in the world. This is a don’t-miss, holiday sensation.
- SeaWorld invites guests to experience the grace and beauty of our Shamu® family at Shamu Stadium, during the night-time show, Shamu® Christmas Miracles. Thrilling seasonal music rings out as whales soar through the air in a performance that will take the audience on a stirring voyage into the heart of the holidays.
- Clyde and Seamore’s Countdown to Christmas features Santa’s helpers, Clyde and Seamore, who are bringing their own brand of comedy to Christmas this year. Our loveable sea lions, along with a few mischievous otters, a comical elf, and a wintery walrus or two, search for Santa.
- A Sesame Street Christmas is a festive and fun musical celebration that will have the little ones smiling all the way home. Through dance, laughter, and interactive sing-a-longs, Elmo, Telly Monster and the rest of Abby Cadabby’s Sesame Street friends teach her what Christmas means to them.
- SeaWorld celebrates the season during Holiday Reflections: Fireworks and Fountains Finale, with soaring fountains, dazzling lights, and festive fireworks, choreographed to joyous holiday musical favorites. Experience a wondrous SeaWorld Christmas connection that lights the night.
- All Aboard! At the park’s Wild Arctic attraction, guests embark on a heart-warming journey to the North Pole aboard THE POLAR EXPRESS Experience, based on the film from Warner Bros. Pictures and Shangri-La Entertainment, inspired by the beloved Caldecott Medal children's book by Chris Van Allsburg. Discover the sights, sounds, and smells of the season as family and friends are immersed in the dazzling wonder of this beloved holiday classic. Upon arrival at the North Pole, guests can meet Santa Claus himself, and encounter astounding animals in a wintery wonderland.
THE POLAR EXPRESS Experience is based on the film from Warner Bros. Pictures and Shangri-La Entertainment, inspired by the beloved Caldecott Medal children's book by Chris Van Allsburg about a young boy doubting the magic of the holidays who takes an extraordinary train ride to the North Pole on Christmas Eve. He embarks on a journey of self-discovery that shows that the wonder of life never fades for those who believe.
In addition to the incredible seasonal shows and attractions, the amazing Sea of Trees includes more than 100 massive trees, each sparkling, lighted and choreographed to classic holiday tunes, making a dramatic display on SeaWorld’s center lake.
The Christmas Market, located on the park’s Bayside Pathway, features unique artisans and culinary delights. At this festive, bustling market, guests can find one-of-a-kind gifts and dine on scrumptious holiday delights.
Plus, enjoy a delicious dinner of Christmas favorites with Santa and Mrs. Claus during Santa’s Fireside Feast, a charming, warm-hearted holiday experience. Meet Santa himself, and listen to a classic holiday poem told onstage as never before to create Christmas memories that will last a lifetime. This sumptuous, all-you-can-eat seasonal meal takes place weekends of SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration®. Reservations are required, and include reserved seating at select holiday shows. To book your reservation, visit SeaWorldOrlando.com.
For photos and media inquiries, contact SeaWorld Communications at SWO.PR@SeaWorld.com
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment inspires millions, through the power of entertainment, to celebrate, connect with and care for the natural world. The Company has been creating innovative entertainment experiences that blend imagination with nature for more than 50 years and is best known for its 11 U.S. theme parks, attractions that hosted more than 24 million guests in 2012 and include the beloved SeaWorld®, Busch Gardens® and Sesame Place® brands. The parks offer guests a variety of up-close experiences, from animal encounters that invite exploration and appreciation of the natural world, to thrilling rides and spectacular shows. In 2011 SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment began expanding its popular brands into media and entertainment platforms to connect people to nature and animals through movies, television, and digital media; plus began developing new lines of licensed consumer products.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is one of the world’s foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, training, husbandry and veterinary care. The Company maintains one of the largest animal collections in the world and has helped lead advances in the care of species in zoological facilities and in the conservation of wild populations. SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment also operates one of the world’s most respected programs to rescue and rehabilitate ocean marine animals that are ill, injured and orphaned, with the goal of returning them to the wild. The SeaWorld® rescue team has helped more than 22,000 animals in need over the last four decades.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment employs more than 21,000 people nationwide.
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
About The Polar Express
Castle Rock Entertainment Presents, in Association with Shangri-La Entertainment, a Playtone / ImageMovers / Golden Mean Production of a Robert Zemeckis Film: Tom Hanks in The Polar Express. Directed by Robert Zemeckis from a screenplay by Zemeckis & William Broyles, Jr., the film is produced by Steve Starkey, Robert Zemeckis, Gary Goetzman and William Teitler and is based on the book by Chris Van Allsburg. Tom Hanks, Jack Rapke and Chris Van Allsburg are the executive producers. The production team includes directors of photography Don Burgess, A.S.C. and Robert Presley; production designers Rick Carter and Doug Chiang; and editors Jeremiah O’Driscoll & R. Orlando Duenas. Senior visual effects supervisors are Ken Ralston and Jerome Chen. Co-producer is Steven Boyd. Music score is by Alan Silvestri, and original songs by Glen Ballard and Alan Silvestri. The Polar Express is distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company. Soundtrack album on Warner Sunset/Reprise Records. This film is rated G by the MPAA. For more information, please visit www.polarexpressmovie.com.
Based on THE POLAR EXPRESS book and characters TM & © 1985 by Chris Van Allsburg. Used by permission of Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved. TM & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
A Sesame Street Christmas ™/© 2012 Sesame Workshop
-- SeaWorld Orlando --