Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin®
Get transported into the rarely seen and icy world of Antarctica. You’ll feel the majestic grandeur of the South Pole and see it through the eyes of a penguin named Puck on an exhilarating, first-of-its-kind family adventure ride. You'll be able to choose a "mild" or "wild" version of this trackless, motion-based simulator experience.
After you step off the ride, you'll explore the penguins' colony in an expanse that envelopes you in cool extremes: bringing you above and below their icy world.
Front-of-the-line access for Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin® is included with Quick Queue Unlimited.
Want to get even closer to the penguins? In our Penguins-Up-Close Tour, you'll have the opportunity to go behind the scenes, where you can interact with and touch a penguin.
See if you can point out all four species of penguins in the habitat after your ride. And don't forget to check out the underwater viewing area!
- Guests less than 48 inches tall must be accompanied by a supervising companion.
- Guests must be at least 42 inches tall to ride the “Wild Expedition”. Guests between 42 inches tall and 48 inches tall must be accompanied by a supervising companion (at least 14 years old). Guests 48 inches in height or taller may ride unaccompanied.
- Guests less than 42 inches tall can ride the “Mild Expedition”. Guests between 42 inches tall and 48 inches tall must be accompanied by a supervising companion (at least 14 years old).
- Handheld infants may not ride. However, all guests may experience the penguin exhibit and underwater viewing area.
- Riders of this attraction will be exposed to forces, speeds and other intense features that may cause distress or injury to persons with pre-existing health conditions.
- For your safety, you should ride the Wild Expedition only if you are in good health. If you know or suspect you may be pregnant, have high blood pressure, heart, neck or back problems, motion sickness or recent surgery you should ride the Mild Expedition.
- Guests will be exposed to cold air temperatures.
- You should not ride if you have any impairment or condition that would prevent intended use of seating and safety restraints as provided or the inability to follow any safety requirement.
- Guests using wheelchairs should enter the standard queue and must transfer into the ride vehicle or proceed into the exhibit via the non-rider entrance. Please see team member at the attraction entrance with questions.
- Guests with any type of prosthesis must ensure that it is properly secured and will remain in place during the ride.
- Certain loose articles are permissible to take on the ride provided they do not obstruct the ride’s safety restraint and fit securely inside the ride vehicle. Loose articles larger than a backpack are not permitted.
- Guests must wear footwear and shirts at all times.
- Please follow all posted and verbal safety instructions.