Do I have to pay for parking?
Parking is free before 8:30 a.m. Any guest who enters the park after that time will be required to purchase a regular priced parking ticket for $20.00.
What time do I need to be at SeaWorld San Antonio?
Participants should plan on arriving by 8:00 a.m.
Where do I meet on Race day?
Enter the park through SeaWorld’s main entrance and park in the guest parking lot. There will be signs designating the starting lines for each race.
What awards are being presented at the ceremony?
Medals will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finisher in each race category of the 5K Run.
What are the race categories?
The 11 race categories are as follows: Open, 10 & under, 11-13, 14-17, 18-25, 26-30, 31-35, 36-40, 40-50, 50-60, and 61+.
How will I know if the race has been cancelled or postponed due to weather?
Refer to SeaWorldParks.com/RunfortheFund for any updates related to the race.
Where should I go to get my race packet?
There will be designated packet pick-up locations in San Antonio on Thursday, September 17 and Friday, September 18. Refer to SeaWorldParks.com/RunfortheFund for future information on Packet Pickup. To avoid delays, we strongly encourage all participants to pick up their race packets prior to race day.
Do I need an additional ticket to stay and enjoy the park after the Race is over?
No. The Race will end inside the park. After the Awards Ceremony and special show have ended, participants will be able to enjoy the park on their own.
Where do I go if I purchased a VIP Package?
If you purchased a VIP Package, please meet in front of Shamu Theater at the conclusion of the Awards Ceremony. A SeaWorld Team Member will be there to escort you to your Dolphin Encounter and picnic lunch.
What if I have to leave after the Race but wish to come back to the park?
As you exit the park, your hand will be stamped. When you return to the park, show your hand stamp at the turnstiles, and you will be allowed re-entry on Race day only.
Will there be an area to change or any showers available?
Restrooms will be open for use; however, there are no shower facilities available.
Can I bring food and/or drink into the park?
SeaWorld San Antonio has a food and beverage policy as to what may or may not enter the park. Below is a list of what is, or is not allowed under the food and beverage policy. If at any time you have a question about items, please speak to a supervisor or Guest Services.
- Small ice chests of six-pack size or smaller (one per family).
- Special dietary food, diabetic, health related or dietary needs. These types of specialty foods may enter the park with park management approval.
- Baby food, bottles, jars and other baby items.
- Fountain drinks, single serve drinks, refillable mugs (if opened prior to turnstile).
- Reasonable quantity of bottled drinking water. Juice boxes (straws must be disposed of).
- Single servings of snacks.
IS NOT ALLOWED:
- Alcohol is never permitted in through or out of the turnstiles. Any alcohol from outside of SeaWorld must be disposed of prior to entry. Any alcoholic beverage purchased at SeaWorld must be disposed of prior to exiting through the gates.
- Ice chests larger than six-pack size.
- Straws and lids.
- Bags of fast food items, picnic baskets, sandwiches or loafs of bread (meals).
- Soda, sports drinks or energy drinks (single serving is allowed if open).
- Large servings of snacks.
Can I buy additional t-shirts?
Each participant that registers by September 1 is guaranteed a t-shirt. Those registering after that date will receive a shirt at Packet Pickup based on availability only.
What time does the park open to the public?
The park will open at 12 p.m. and close at 6 p.m.
Is there a place to store my belongings during the race?
All belongings will need to be kept securely in your vehicle. SeaWorld San Antonio is not responsible for lost or stolen items.