"JUST FOR KIDS" CONCERT SERIES ROCKS SEAWORLD SAN ANTONIO
4/29/2014 5:20:00 PM
"Just for Kids" Concert Series Rocks SeaWorld San Antonio
San Antonio, TX (April 29, 2014) – SeaWorld San Antonio invites our youngest guests to enjoy Just for Kids, a festival over the next three weekends featuring a new concert each Saturday with performances by today’s favorite children’s musical artists, including Choo-Choo Soul on May 3, Super WHY Live! on May 10 and Hot Peas ‘N Butter on May 17. On Sundays, guests can dance and sing along with all their favorite Sesame Street friends during the family-friendly stage show, Elmo Rocks.
The Just for Kids festival runs from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays and features great experiences for the whole family, including games, jugglers, kid-friendly activity tables, SeaWorld Express train, costumed character appearances, dancing in Shamu’s Party Zone with a family-friendly DJ and a food truck full of tasty treats. SeaWorld’s own Chef Scott will whip-up special treats during Snack Time with Chef Scott, with special appearances by Chef Shamu.
From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, kids can explore the park’s Ocean Adventure locations by looking for the Sea Star icon carts throughout the park. At each of the four Ocean Adventure locations, kids will receive a limited edition Just for Kids Explorer’s Card with educational animal facts.
The Saturday concert lineup is as follows:
- May 3: Choo Choo Soul - Conductor Genevieve Goings and her Beat Boxing/ Break Dancing engineer DC bring Choo-Choo Soul to town for a live visit! Winner of the Parents Choice Award for Children’s Television, Choo-Choo Soul takes the whole family on an amazing learning and musical adventure as they present fun and kid-friendly hip-hop style songs all about those ABCs, 123s, vegetables and most importantly the power of doing your own dance!
- May 10: Super WHY Live! - Super WHY Live takes kids and parents on a live reading adventure traveling inside a book to find the answer to the question, “Who has the Greatest Super Power in the World?” The show features kids’ favorite literacy-powered super heroes: Alpha Pig with “Alphabet Power,” Wonder Red with “Word Power,” Princess Presto with “Spelling Power,” Super WHY with the “Power to Read” and their puppy pal Woofster.
- May 17: Hot Peas 'N Butter - Winners of the 2006, 2008, 2009 and 2012 ”Parent’s Choice Awards,” Hot Peas ‘N Butter is a unique children’s musical group that incorporates elements of traditional Latin music, Afro-Caribbean rhythms, jazz, folk and rock. By combining an interactive, invigorating approach to performance with mature, multicultural music, Hot Peas ‘N Butter has developed a distinct way of inspiring care and creativity in kids and adults alike. Hot Peas ‘N Butter has also been featured on Noggin’s “Jack’s big Music Show” and Nickelodeon’s “Move to the Music.”
All Just for Kids Concerts are included with park admission. All concerts and shows will take place at the park’s Nautilus Amphitheater. Seating is available on a first come, first served basis. Reserved seating will be available the day of the event for $5 at Nautilus Amphitheater.
SeaWorld guests can take advantage of the following great offers during the Just for Kids festival and throughout the 2014 season:
- Preschool Pass: SeaWorld San Antonio is offering kids ages 3-5 living in Texas a FREE SeaWorld Preschool Pass. Parents can register their little ones for a Preschool Pass through May 31 at SeaWorldParks.com/Preschool. The Pass is good through December 31. Parents can upgrade the Preschool Pass to include Aquatica, SeaWorld’s Waterpark, for $35.
- Teacher Study Pass: SeaWorld® San Antonio is offering a FREE Adult Fun Card to all active, employed and certified K-12 grade school instructors in the state of Texas. The Teacher Study Pass is a 2014 Fun Card that allows unlimited admission to SeaWorld San Antonio now through December 31. Teachers can pre-register for a 2014 Adult Fun Card at SeaWorldParks.com/Teachers until May 31. For even more savings, until August 1, teachers can purchase up to six additional Fun Cards discounted at $5 off, in order to share the SeaWorld fun with family and friends. Teachers can upgrade the Teacher Study Pass to include Aquatica, SeaWorld’s Waterpark, for $35.
- Buy One, Get One FREE SeaWorld Fun Card: SeaWorld is offering guests the opportunity to get two SeaWorld Fun Cards for the price of one! Guests can purchase a full-price 2014 SeaWorld Fun Card and receive a second 2014 SeaWorld Fun Card FREE. SeaWorld’s 2014 Fun Card provides unlimited visits to the park through December 31 at $65 plus tax for adults and $55 plus tax for children ages 3 to 9. Guests can upgrade their 2014 SeaWorld Fun Card to include Aquatica, SeaWorld’s Waterpark, for $35. This offer is available at SeaWorld.com/SanAntonio.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment inspires millions, through the power of entertainment, to celebrate, connect with and care for the natural world. The Company has been creating innovative entertainment experiences that blend imagination with nature for more than 50 years and is best known for its 11 U.S. theme parks, attractions that include the beloved SeaWorld®, Busch Gardens® and Sesame Place® brands. The parks offer guests a variety of up-close experiences, from animal encounters that invite exploration and appreciation of the natural world, to thrilling rides and spectacular shows. In 2011 SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment began expanding its popular brands into media and entertainment platforms to connect people to nature and animals through movies, television, and digital media; plus began developing new lines of licensed consumer products.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is one of the world’s foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, training, husbandry and veterinary care. The Company maintains one of the largest animal collections in the world and has helped lead advances in the care of species in zoological facilities and in the conservation of wild populations. SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment also operates one of the world’s most respected programs to rescue, rehabilitate and return to the ocean marine animals that are ill, injured and orphaned. The SeaWorld® rescue team has helped more than 22,000 animals in need over the last four decades.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment employs more than 21,000 people nationwide.
Download this release as a PDF