Aquatica San Diego Press Release
11/20/2012 1:12:00 PM
AQUATICA SEAWORLD'S WATERPARK™
SET TO MAKE A SPLASH THIS SUMMER
Water Slides, Wave Pool, White Sandy Beach and More Complemented by Animal Encounters Only SeaWorld Can Deliver
Aquatica SeaWorld's Waterpark™ is set to make a splash this summer just minutes from SeaWorld®. Aquatica San Diego, like its sister parks in San Antonio and Orlando, Fla., will feature guest experiences from serene to extreme, with water play as endless as the sea itself, and will be home to a variety of exotic animals, providing an educational component to a waterpark visit that is both unexpected and enriching. Aquatica San Diego, at 2052 Entertainment Circle in Chula Vista, Calif., is scheduled to open June 1, 2013. To learn all the latest news, follow the "Aquatica San Diego: Making a Splash" webisode series at http://www.insideseaworld.com.
Aquatica SeaWorld's Waterpark™ in San Diego will be a lushly landscaped, whimsical waterpark with up-close animal experiences, high speed thrills and the amenities of a beachside resort. Among dozens of slides and rides at this whimsical, South Seas-themed waterpark will be Big Surf ShoresTM. One of the largest wave pools in Southern California, it features more than 500,000 gallons of water to take a swim in and a huge sandy beach for basking in the sun. Adventurers will also want to check out HooRoo Run®, where they'll have a choice of two enclosed and two open-air slides that take them down an 80-foot descent. Caribbean flamingos and freshwater turtles will round out the experience, as only SeaWorld can.
GET YOUR WAVE ON AT:
- Whanau Way: Boasting a 60-foot water slide complex featuring six slides, four enclosed and two open air, this ride is a must on any waterpark enthusiast's list.
- HooRoo Run: Guests can choose their own adventure: two enclosed and two open-air slides await for a thrilling descent down this 80-foot ride.
- Woohoo Falls®: Adventurers embark on one of three water slides with speedy twists and turns, including one in the dark for those up to the challenge.
- Kiwi Curl®: Guests can put their adrenaline level to the test as they ride down one of three 60-foot-tall water slides. Thrill seekers have the option of sliding in the dark.
- Walhalla Wave®: This 78-foot ride is designed for families to enjoy together (height requirement is 42") in a gigantic tube. A tube lift means no lugging it up the stairs!
- Tassie's Twister: Plunge down a 75-foot water slide in a multi-person raft through thousands of swirling water before dropping into a six-story funnel.
- Big Surf Shores: One of the largest wave pools in Southern California, guests swim in more than 500,000 gallons of water with period swells of up to five feet. A white sandy beach (43,000 square feet!) allows visitors to relax on lawn chairs or luxuriate in nearby cabanas.
- Loggerhead Lane: Guests can swim or float along in an inner tube down a winding 1,250-foot long lazy river, with the added surprise of more than a dozen Caribbean flamingos on display. Playful fountains provide plenty of opportunities to splash while soaking up the sun.
- Walkabout Waters: This four-story interactive and colorful outdoor attraction features loads of hands-on fun with slides, hoses, jets, geysers and more. Every five minutes, a 500-gallon bucket unloads water on everyone below!
- Kata's Kookaburra Cove®: Children can splash and play safely in this children's area featuring a pool and ropes. This kooky, quirky cove has a way of making even a grown-up want to jump right in and play.
- Slippity Dippity®: Families with toddlers can splash the day away and let their imagination run rampant as they explore an endless sea of fun at this attraction, which includes kid-sized slides.
- At Loggerhead Lane, guests will enjoy not only a lush tropical attraction with a winding 1,250-foot-long lazy river, but also an up-close view of more than a dozen Caribbean flamingos. In addition, twice a day, these flamingos will make their way across the park in a fun and festive flamingo parade for guests to enjoy.
- A habitat with dozens of freshwater turtles, representing several species, will live in an exhibit that will feature under- and above-water viewing.
- Guests can enhance their experience with personal cabanas, available poolside at Big Surf Shores.
- Small and large lockers will be available for adventurers who need a place to store their land gear before they embark on their water voyage.
- Gift shops and merchandise carts will have waterpark necessities available for purchase, including towels, sunscreen and flip-flops for guests who forgot their waterpark necessities at home.
- Complimentary life vests in all sizes will be available for guests as they enter Aquatica San Diego.
- Guests can relax on comfortable lounge chairs, with shaded seating located throughout the waterpark.
Aquatica San Diego will be located at 2052 Entertainment Circle in Chula Vista, Calif. Park hours, ticket information and more information will be available soon at www.aquaticasandiego.com.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment inspires millions, through the power of entertainment, to celebrate, connect with and care for the natural world. The Company has been creating innovative entertainment experiences that blend imagination with nature for more than 50 years and is best known for its 11 U.S. theme parks, attractions that hosted more than 24 million guests in 2012 and include the beloved SeaWorld®, Busch Gardens® and Sesame Place® brands. The parks offer guests a variety of up-close experiences, from animal encounters that invite exploration and appreciation of the natural world, to thrilling rides and spectacular shows. In 2011, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment began expanding its popular brands into media and entertainment platforms to connect people to nature and animals through movies, television, and digital media; plus began developing new lines of licensed consumer products.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is one of the world's foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, training, husbandry and veterinary care. The Company maintains one of the largest animal collections in the world and has helped lead advances in the care of species in zoological facilities and in the conservation of wild populations. SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment also operates one of the world's most respected programs to rescue and rehabilitate ocean marine animals that are ill, injured and orphaned, with the goal of returning them to the wild. The SeaWorld® rescue team has helped more than 22,000 animals in need over the last four decades.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment employs more than 21,000 people nationwide.
--Aquatica SeaWorld's Waterpark™ --