Engage your students with the experience of physics in action! Our "science of thrills" experts will motivate your students by bringing physics to life in the exciting surroundings of our world-class theme park.
Busch Gardens® Tampa will open one hour early on December 5, 2014 and April 10, 2015 exclusively for Physics Day students. Physics students will get one hour of exclusive park ride time, interactive physics stations located around the park, plus a live physics interactive show. Accelerometers are mounted on select rides. Students will have the unique opportunity to experience our world class roller coasters and make some of their physics calculations without having to wait in line.
Teachers will receive a free copy of a physics guide packed full of in-class instructions with advance registration. Physics Day connects with the following Next Generation Science Standards:
Activity & Demonstration Stations
Enhance your students' educational experience by visiting our Interactive Activity and Demonstrations Stations. Measure bite force, take a closer look at 'super' abilities and estimate the speed of a variety of animals. Plan approximately 20 minutes for each station.
- Station 1: This Bites - Students will learn the physics behind the bite force of some of the world’s strongest carnivores.
- Station 2: I Feel the Need for Speed - Students will learn how to clock an animal’s speed by measuring it‘s body and stride lengths.
- Station 3: The Physics of Superman - Students will take a closer look at the biomechanics of animal movement and discover what it would take for humans to have the same physical abilities, particularly the ability of flight.
- Station 4: The Power of Oobleck - Students gain “hands-in” knowledge of this and other mysterious non-newtonian fluids to learn about their unique properties that seem to defy Newton’s Laws.
- Station 5: That's How We Roll - Explore conservation of energy and magnetic braking through hands-on challenges at this SheiKra® station.
Please call 1-866-781-1333 for pricing information.
One complimentary chaperone ticket is given for every 10 paid student tickets, a minimum purchase of 15 student tickets required to qualify for free chaperone tickets.
All pricing and programs are subject to change and availability. Group admission pricing requires an advance reservation and is valid through June 30th, 2015. All prices are subject to an applicable 7% Florida sales tax unless current tax-exempt certificate is provided.
Continue your Physics Day into night and experience even more physics after dark with our unique physics sleepover the nights of December 4 & 5, 2014 and April 9 & 10, 2015.