STAY AND PLAY AT SEAWORLD DURING SUMMER NIGHTS
6/19/2014 6:51:00 PM
STAY AND PLAY AT SEAWORLD
DURING SUMMER NIGHTS
SAN DIEGO (May 28, 2014) – School is out and there is no better way to spend the evenings in San Diego than by visiting Summer Nights at SeaWorld®. Guests can enjoy all their favorite park attractions by day and then hang out for a whole new park after dark. The new DJ-hosted nighttime killer whale show, Shamu’s Celebration: Light Up The Night, will have guests dancing and cheering through the night. SeaWorld’s silly sea lions and mischievous otters will have visitors laughing with delight as they wreak havoc on stage at Sea Lions Tonite. Then, as the evening comes to a crescendo, SeaWorld’s new fireworks display, Celebrate the Wonder™, will light up the night’s sky. The marine park’s summertime extravaganza is in high gear and continues on the following dates: June 7–8; June 14–Aug. 17; Aug. 23–24; and Aug. 30–Sept. 1, 2014.
With so much to see and do at SeaWorld this summer there’s never been a better time to visit. To make Summer Nights even more fun and affordable, guests can purchase a SeaWorld 1-Year Membership, which allows repeat admission for an entire year, plus free parking and discounts on food and merchandise. The SeaWorld 1-Year Membership cost is $145 for all ages.
Here’s a look at the 2014 Summer Nights lineup
New in 2014
- Shamu’s Celebration: Light Up The Night: The new nighttime killer whale show features colorful splashes, high-energy music and sea-inspired illuminations. This DJ-hosted celebration features music throughout the decades that will have the entire family dancing and cheering throughout the entire night.
- Fireworks: During Summer Nights at SeaWorld®, guests may enjoy the park’s new fireworks display, Celebrate the Wonder™, which caps off an evening full of amazing nighttime animal shows, plus the park’s 320-foot Skytower Flag of Lights, which is decked out in red, white and blue lights from dusk to midnight through Sept. 1. Fireworks display times in the summer vary according to park hours; for park hours and show schedules, visit www.SeaWorldSanDiego.com.
Back this year
- Sea to Shining Sea 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular: SeaWorld will celebrate the Fourth of July with Sea to Shining Sea 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular, an extended display (17 minutes) of fireworks, at 10:10 p.m. July 4, 2014. The park will be open until midnight on July 4.
- Sea Lions Tonite: Summer Nights guests won’t want to miss Sea Lions Tonite, a hilarious adventure featuring famous California sea lions Clyde® and Seamore®. The prankster-loving pinnipeds poke fun at the stars of classic daytime SeaWorld shows, including Blue Horizons®, One Ocean®, Pets Rule!® and Cirque de la Mer®.
- Club Atlantis Presented by Coca-Cola: As part of Summer Nights, kids of all ages can dance the night away at SeaWorld’s Club Atlantis Presented by Coca-Cola, nightly June 14 – Aug. 10. Channel 933’s DJ Marc Thrasher keeps the party going from 7 to 10 p.m. with dance team performances, nightly Coca-Cola dance-offs, giveaways and plenty of time to just dance, dance, dance!
- Cirque de la Mer: Returning for its 14th summer, this acrobatic odyssey is performed on land, water and in the air at SeaWorld’s bayside venue, Cirque Stadium. The popular daytime show features acrobats, hand balancers, aerialists, trapeze artists and comic performers. Returning this year is a 40x10 trampoline wall where the performers can show off their acrobatic skills and even dive 19 feet into Mission Bay!
- Daytime animal shows: All of SeaWorld’s favorite year-round shows can be seen during the summer, including the awe-inspiring Blue Horizons show; the hilarious Sea Lions LIVE sketch-based comedy show; One Ocean, the magnificent killer whale show and the always-adorable Pets Rule!
- Attractions, Rides and More: In addition to the special summer shows and activities, nearly all of SeaWorld’s other attractions remain open every evening during Summer Nights, including Manta®, Turtle Reef, Journey to Atlantis®, Wild Arctic®, the Penguin Encounter® and Shipwreck Rapids®.
SeaWorld’s 50th Celebration Sea of Surprises Continues
- Sea Street Band: The cool Sea Street Band plays a variety of music to excite guests of all ages. The combination of brass and percussion keeps the energy high as they travel through the streets of SeaWorld inviting guests to join the party.
- Surprise Squad: The SeaWorld Surprise Squad* delights park guests with prizes and surprises throughout the park during 50th Celebration. This lively duo roams the park on a daily basis giving away special gifts, including exclusive access to rides, behind-the-scenes experiences, Shamu-themed merchandise and more.
- Pathway Surprises: Bubble Blowout is sure to be a guest favorite. An eccentric tinkerer travels through the park by way of a whimsical vehicle, stopping to create bubbles of all sizes and shapes while engaging guests to create the big Bubble Blowout.
Tips for making the most of your Summer Nights at SeaWorld
- Download the new SeaWorld app, which offers guests the ability to see GPS-enabled interactive maps, real-time updates of show schedules and events and receive broadcast park notifications. The SeaWorld Discovery Guide is available for iPhone and Android devices.
- Log on to the park’s website (www.SeaWorldSanDiego.com) and purchase tickets, skipping the ticket line at the park. Learn about other discounts, show schedules and more online or by calling (800) 257-4268.
- During projected days of peak attendance, SeaWorld allows guests to enter the front of the park 45 minutes prior to full-park opening. Early birds can use this time to pick up a park map and check the show schedule, grab a light breakfast and plan their day.
- Arrive at animal shows 30 to 45 minutes before the scheduled show time to secure a good seat and enjoy interactive, crowd-pleasing, pre-show activities.
- Visit SeaWorld attractions while animal shows in the area are occurring: while thousands of guests are watching the Blue Horizons® show, visit the Shark Encounter® located just north of Dolphin Stadium.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment inspires millions, through the power of entertainment, to celebrate, connect with and care for the natural world. The company has been creating innovative entertainment experiences that blend imagination with nature for more than 50 years and is best known for its 11 U.S. theme parks, attractions that hosted more than 24 million guests in 2012 and include the beloved SeaWorld®, Busch Gardens® and Sesame Place® brands. The parks offer guests a variety of up-close experiences, from animal encounters that invite exploration and appreciation of the natural world, to thrilling rides and spectacular shows. In 2011 SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment began expanding its popular brands into media and entertainment platforms to connect people to nature and animals through movies, television, and digital media; plus began developing new lines of licensed consumer products.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is one of the world’s foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, training, husbandry and veterinary care. The company maintains one of the largest animal collections in the world and has helped lead advances in the care of species in zoological facilities and in the conservation of wild populations. SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment also operates one of the world’s most respected programs to rescue and rehabilitate ocean marine animals that are ill, injured and orphaned, with the goal of returning them to the wild. The SeaWorld® rescue team has helped more than 23,000 animals in need over the last four decades.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment employs more than 21,000 people nationwide.
* SeaWorld® Surprise Squad: No purchase or park visit necessary. Open to park visitors and to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 18 years and older. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes ends 9/7/15. For Official Rules, how to enter by mail, prize descriptions and odds disclosure, visit Guest Services or SeaWorld.com/OfficialRules. Sponsor: SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Inc., 9205 SouthPark Loop, Suite 400 Orlando, FL 32189.