Summer Nights 2015
1/9/2014 3:05:00 PM
GUESTS CAN STAY AND PLAY
DURING SUMMER NIGHTS AT SEAWORLD
SAN DIEGO (June 1, 2015) – There is no better way to spend the evenings in San Diego than by experiencing Summer Nights at SeaWorld®. After the sun has set, SeaWorld is a whole new park after dark, with special nighttime entertainment, including SeaWorld’s family of killer whales in Shamu’s Celebration: Light Up The Night and the hilarious Sea Lions Tonite show, starring California sea lions Clyde® and Seamore® and the mischievous O.P. Otter®. Then, as the evening comes to a crescendo, SeaWorld’s Celebrate the Wonder™ fireworks light up the night’s sky. SeaWorld’s summertime extravaganza kicked off on May 23 (weekends only) but kicks into really high gear in mid-June. Summer Nights take place nightly June 13 through mid-August and then continue weekends-only through Sept. 7, 2015.
With so much to see and do at SeaWorld this summer—including Explorer’s Reef®, SeaWorld’s new arrival experience, and Manta®, the park’s double-launch, multi-media roller coaster—there’s never been a better time to visit. To make Summer Nights even more fun and affordable, guests can purchase an annual SeaWorld Membership, which allows repeat admission for an entire year, plus free parking and discounts on food and merchandise (the SeaWorld 1-Year Membership cost is $155 for all ages). The 2015 SeaWorld Fun Card allows for repeat admission through the end of the year (with a few blackout dates) all for the price of a single-day admission ($89 for ages 10 and older; $83 for ages 3–9).
Here’s a look at the 2015 Summer Nights lineup
- Shamu’s Celebration: Light Up The Night: SeaWorld’s newest nighttime killer whale show features original music and production elements, as well as spectacular killer whale behaviors.
- Sea Lions Tonite: Summer Nights guests won’t want to miss Sea Lions Tonite, a hilarious adventure featuring famous California sea lions Clyde® and Seamore®. The prankster-loving pinnipeds poke fun at the stars of classic daytime SeaWorld shows, including Blue Horizons®, One Ocean®, Pets Rule!® and Cirque de la Mer®.
- Fireworks: During Summer Nights at SeaWorld®, guests may enjoy the park’s fireworks display, Celebrate the Wonder™, which caps off an evening full of amazing nighttime animal shows. Display time varies according to park hours; for park hours and show schedules, visit www.SeaWorldSanDiego.com. SeaWorld will celebrate the Fourth of July with our Independence Day Fireworks Spectacular, an extended display set to patriotic music, at 10:10 p.m. July 4, 2015.
- Cirque de la Mer: Returning for its 15th summer, this acrobatic odyssey is performed on land, water and in the air at SeaWorld’s bayside venue, Cirque Stadium. The popular summer daytime show features acrobats, trampoline artists, aerialists and trapeze artists. Returning this year is a 40x10 trampoline wall where the performers can show off their acrobatic skills and even dive 19 feet into Mission Bay!
- Attractions, Rides and More: In addition to the special summer shows and activities, nearly all of SeaWorld’s other attractions remain open every evening during Summer Nights, including Explorer’s Reef®, Manta®, Turtle Reef™, Journey to Atlantis®, Wild Arctic®, the Penguin Encounter®, Shipwreck Rapids® and more.
Tips for making the most of your Summer Nights at SeaWorld:
- Log on to the park’s website (www.SeaWorldSanDiego.com) and purchase tickets, skipping the ticket line at the park. Learn about other discounts, show schedules and more online or by calling (800) 257-4268.
- During projected days of peak attendance, SeaWorld allows guests to enter the front of the park 45 minutes prior to full-park opening. Early birds can use this time to pick up a park map and check the show schedule, grab a light breakfast and plan their day.
- Arrive at animal shows at least 30 to 45 minutes before the scheduled show time to secure a good seat and enjoy interactive, crowd-pleasing, pre-show activities.
- Visit SeaWorld attractions while animal shows in the area are occurring: While thousands of guests are watching the Blue Horizons® show, for example, visit the Shark Encounter located just north of Dolphin Stadium.
SeaWorld is open year-round including holidays. Parking is $16; $11 for motorcycles; $21 for RVs and up-close. Admission is $89 for ages 10 and older; $83 for ages 3–9; free for under 3. In addition to annual Pass Memberships, the 2015 SeaWorld Fun Card is a great way to enjoy repeat visits for the rest of 2015 for the price as a single-day admission. Park hours vary by season. Visit www.SeaWorldSanDiego.com or call (800) 257-4268 for information.
SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: SEAS) is a leading theme park and entertainment company delivering personal, interactive and educational experiences that blend imagination with nature and enable its customers to celebrate, connect with and care for the natural world we share. The Company owns or licenses a portfolio of globally recognized brands including SeaWorld®, Shamu® and Busch Gardens®. Over its more than 50-year history, the Company has built a diversified portfolio of 11 destination and regional theme parks that are grouped in key markets across the United States, many of which showcase its one-of-a-kind zoological collection of approximately 89,000 marine and terrestrial animals. The Company’s theme parks feature a diverse array of rides, shows and other attractions with broad demographic appeal which deliver memorable experiences and a strong value proposition for its guests.
SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. is one of the world’s foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, training, husbandry and veterinary care. The Company collectively cares for what it believes is one of the largest zoological collections in the world and has helped lead advances in the care of animals. The Company also rescues and rehabilitates marine and terrestrial animals that are ill, injured, orphaned or abandoned, with the goal of returning them to the wild. The SeaWorld rescue team has helped more than 25,000 animals in need over the last 50 years.
Additional information about SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. can be obtained online at www.SeaWorldEntertainment.com. Shareholders and prospective investors can also register to automatically receive the Company's press releases, SEC filings and other notices by email by registering at that website.