SEAWORLD® SAN ANTONIO OPENS 2013 SEASON ON SATURDAY, FEB. 2 WITH JACK HANNA
1/15/2013 5:20:00 PM
Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEAWORLD SAN ANTONIO OPENS 2013 SEASON ON
SATURDAY, FEB. 2 WITH JACK HANNA
SAN ANTONIO, TX (Jan. 14, 2013) – SeaWorld San Antonio marks the opening of its 25th operating season on Saturday, Feb. 2 by offering its guests more days to enjoy the park.
This year, SeaWorld has 231 operating days on the calendar, making it the most days in a single year that the seasonal theme park has operated in more than two decades.
The park will feature different animal shows on weekends in February during “Wild Days.” SeaWorld kicks off its 2013 season with Jack Hanna, internationally known wildlife expert and star of the popular “Jack Hanna’s Into the Wild” TV show on Saturday, Feb. 2 and Sunday, Feb. 3. Hanna will introduce guests to amazing animals from around the world. “Wild Days” continues with three more weekends of fascinating animal presentations:
- Saturday, Feb. 9 and Sunday, Feb. 10: “Wild Days: SeaWorld Live! with Chuck Cureau” – SeaWorld’s own Chuck Cureau hosts a talk show format with amazing animal presentations featuring an otter, a California sea lion, a pelican and many others, along with special guest, Julie Scardina, animal ambassador for SeaWorld.
- Saturday, Feb. 16, Sunday, Feb. 17 and Monday, Feb. 18: “Wild Days: Amazing Animals” –A professor and his students go on a quest to learn about lemurs, alligators, porcupines, snakes and more in this stage show with live animals.
- Saturday, Feb. 23 and Sunday, Feb. 24: “Wild Days: Flying High” – This live show introduces guests to some feathered friends from “Last Chance Forever,” an organization dedicated to the rehabilitation and release of sick, injured and orphaned birds of prey into their natural habitat.
Spring at SeaWorld
In less than two months, SeaWorld’s waterpark, Aquatica, will usher in spring when it opens on March 2, which is the earliest advertised 2013 opening of an outdoor waterpark in Texas. The new waterpark opened in May 2012 and features up-close animal experiences along with water rides from the serene to the extreme.
On Saturdays from March 2 through June 1, SeaWorld guests can enjoy extended hours for Spring into Night, featuring the park’s hottest nighttime shows, including:
- “Shamu Rocks!,” a crowd rockin’, electrifying show featuring SeaWorld’s famous killer whale, Shamu.
- “Sea Lions Tonite,” showcasing pinniped-pranksters, Clyde and Seamore, as they spoof the park’s daytime shows.
- “Elmo Rocks,” a Sesame Street rock ‘n roll musical show starring Elmo with Zoe, Cookie Monster, Bert and Ernie.
- “Sesame Street Bay of Play Block Party,” guests can dance and sing along with all their favorite Sesame Street friends.
SeaWorld’s “Just for Kids” series takes place on weekends in April and features live children’s shows by nationally-recognized entertainers on Saturdays, including Caillou, Laurie Berkner, Choo Choo Soul and Imagination Movers and the Sesame Street stage show “Elmo Rocks” on Sundays. On May 4, the park welcomes Dove-award winning and Grammy nominated Christian rock group MercyMe as they headline the park’s Praise Wave event.
2013 General Admission
SeaWorld’s 2013 Fun Card promotional offer provides unlimited visits to the park at $60 plus tax for adults and $52 for children ages 3 to 9. Guests wanting unlimited access to both SeaWorld and Aquatica parks can purchase a two-park Fun Card for $95 plus tax for adults and $87 plus tax for children ages 3 to 9. The SeaWorld San Antonio Annual Pass is $100 plus tax for adults or children. A SeaWorld/Aquatica Annual Pass is available at $135 plus tax for adults or children and includes free parking and discounts. EZ Pay monthly payment options are also available on the park’s Annual Passes for those who qualify. Single day admission to SeaWorld is $60 plus tax for adults and $52 plus tax for children ages 3 to 9.
Download this release as a PDF
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment inspires millions, through the power of entertainment, to celebrate, connect with and care for the natural world. The Company has been creating innovative entertainment experiences that blend imagination with nature for more than 50 years and is best known for its 11 U.S. theme parks, attractions that hosted more than 24 million guests in 2012 and include the beloved SeaWorld®, Busch Gardens® and Sesame Place® brands. The parks offer guests a variety of up-close experiences, from animal encounters that invite exploration and appreciation of the natural world, to thrilling rides and spectacular shows. In 2011 SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment began expanding its popular brands into media and entertainment platforms to connect people to nature and animals through movies, television, and digital media; plus began developing new lines of licensed consumer products.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment employs more than 21,000 people nationwide.