You can't get any closer to animals than this! Become an amateur zookeeper and discover firsthand what it takes to care for animals from around the world.
You can't get any closer to animals than this! Become an amateur zookeeper and discover firsthand what it takes to care for animals from around the world. Go behind the scenes to assist zoo staff with daily husbandry: prepare habitats, distribute diets, and observe animal care sessions. Engage animal care professionals in career discussions while in the zoo, then have great fun exploring Busch Gardens® in the afternoon.
Zoo Apprentices Resident Camp is a 3-night camp that starts at 12pm the first day of camp and end at 10am the last day of camp. Busch Gardens Group Resident Camps are fully chaperoned camps that are housed primarily in our onsite, secure dormitory, Mzinga Lodge, and include the following amenities:
- 2 Camp T-shirts and a water bottle
- Daily meals, snacks & drinks
- Transportation between Busch Gardens and Tampa International Airport (TPA)
- Complimentary admission to Busch Gardens following the last day of camp
Here are just some of the experiences you can expect:
- Learn more about the inner workings of a world class zoological facility
- Work alongside zookeepers to care for hippos, giraffe and more
- Safari across the Serengeti Plain® and observe animals on the move
- Enjoy amazing rides, shows and attractions at Busch Gardens® and Adventure Island®
$405 per participant, 20 participant minimum, 1 chaperone complimentary per 10 paid participants.