Busch Gardens® Tampa welcomes guests to closely observe and even take part in the animal care experience at the Animal Care Center.
From nutrition to treatments, X-rays to surgeries, much of Busch Gardens’ animal care will be conducted in guest view in this new state-of-the-art facility.
- Busch Gardens® Tampa cares for more than 12,000 animals representing more than 300 species
- Busch Gardens and its parent company, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment®, are world leaders in animal care, caring for one of the world’s largest zoological collections of more than 60,000 animals
- Each year, the animals at Busch Gardens eat about 1.4 million pounds of food, which works out to 4,000 pounds every day
- Busch Gardens’ nutrition team modifies 60 percent of the animal diets every month to meet each animals’ individual needs
- Check out the Busch Gardens blog for additional updates