About the Ride
A family ride that’s part water ride, part coaster, and altogether exciting. Get a panoramic, 360º view at the top of the first peak, followed by a 10-story reverse camelback that sends you on a wet and wild plunge into the lake below.
- Want a quick cool off? Stand in the Journey to Atlantis splash zone!
- If you want to get soaked on Journey to Atlantis, sit in the left corner of the last row
- When you're at the top of Journey to Atlantis, keep an eye out for downtown San Antonio!
- Shirts and Shoes are required on all coasters
- Shoes are required on all rides
- Beat the lines, ride the water rides early
- Bypass the lines, take advantage of Quick Queue!
- Loose articles are not permitted on the coasters, they can be left with a non-rider or in a locker for $1.00
- For ride accessibility questions, visit Guest Services or a ride supervisor for a Ride Accessibility Sheet
- Guests must be a minimum of 39" to ride.
- Guests between 39"-51" must be accompanied by a supervising companion (14 years of age or older).
- Mobility-impaired guests should enter through our main queue line and proceed to the disabled loading entrance located in the main loading area. Please see a team member for assistance with loading instructions.
- All guests, including those with disabilities or use a wheelchair must be able to transfer into and out of the boat by themselves or with the assistance of a member of their party.
- Up to 3 additional guests may accompany the guest requiring special access.
- For your safety, you should ride only if you are in good health.
- Guests who know or suspect that they may be pregnant, have high blood pressure, heart conditions, neck or back problems, recent surgery, sensitivity to strobe effects or any other impairment or medical condition that may be affected by the features of this ride or prevent the normal seating or use of the safety restraints as provided, may not ride.
- Each rider must be able to remain sitting upright, keeping their head upright, their back and shoulders against the seat back and their hands, arms and legs down and inside the ride at all times.
- Guests must have the ability to hold on with two functioning hands and brace with one functioning leg or hold on with one functioning hand and brace with two functioning legs.
- Guests with any type of prosthesis should ensure it is properly secured and will remain in place during the ride.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, a broken collar bone, or casts of any kind may not ride.
- Guests must have the ability to enter and exit the ride without endangering self or others.
- Not permitted on this ride.
This is a summary of Journey to Atlantis' ride requirements. For more information, please review the ride restriction sign located at the entrance of the ride.
See Park Accessibility Guide