About the Program
Put the varied world of marine ecology into focus for your group by discovering the unique traits of differing ocean environments. Visit with coastal region animals like sea lions, harbor seals and bottlenose dolphins. Explore the mysterious world of the coral reef and learn about the fascinating and often misunderstood shark. Learn how penguins and alcids survive harsh polar weather.
Edventure is aligned with National Science Standards and TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills):
- Elementary: 3.8 A,B,C,D; 3.9 A,B; 3.10 B; 4.5 A; 4.8 A, B; 5.9 A,B,C; 5.10 A,B
- Middle School
6.10 C; 6.12 C; 7.9 B; 7.12 A,B,C; 8.6 C
- High School
(Biology) 12 B,C,E; (Aquatic Science) 4 B,C; (Environmental Systems) 4 A,E
All School and Youth Education Programs are designed for groups of 15 and more, must be booked at least 14 days in advance, and are subject to availability. Other restrictions apply. Available daily with a reservation.
- Program length is 3 hours
- Call 1-800-700-7786 for date availability
Your group will:
- Visit California sea lions, harbor seals and bottlenose dolphins from coastal regions
- Explore the many relationships in the coral reef
- Learn about sharks, the sea's most mysterious creatures
- Understand how penguins and alcids survive in their harsh polar homes
- Venture into the open ocean to meet killer whales, the sea's most important predators
Consider adding a sleepover experience to your Edventure!
*Price does not include park admission